If a business is thinking about hosting a conference or a similar type of business event, one of the most important decisions it will face will be in choosing the right venue for the event. Possible factors may include the number of possible attendees as well as the budget available, although one of the biggest factors involved will be in deciding on the venue’s size – will they be needing a small or a large conference venue? What difference will it make?
A business hosting an event might want to consider a small conference venue if:
- They want their conference to have an intimate feel.
- On the face of it, a small conference venue may look inferior to a much larger venue, but it really depends on what you do with the space. While an especially large venue may be able to house more people, a smaller venue will provide a more intimate atmosphere – a large seminar group perhaps, rather than a lecture or a presentation. Depending on the topic of the conference and the agenda for the day, a small, intimate venue may be perfect for your needs.
- They want their conference to give an air of exclusivity.
- Similar to the above, a small conference venue will offer exclusivity – only so many people have been invited and there’s room only for so many to be there. If it’s a very important topic, it can help people to feel honoured and very special, that they are lucky enough to be in attendance.
- However, be careful not to choose too small a conference venue for your needs. You do not want your attendees feeling crammed in and claustrophobic.
Alternatively, a business hosting an event might want to consider a large conference venue if:
- They want to impress their attendees.
- No doubt about it, a large venue can be very impressive. A business throwing a conference in a large venue will look like they know exactly how to wow and look after their attendees. In addition, if they are potential clients or customers, it could be a great way to cement new business relationships with them.
- They have a lot of people coming.
- Obviously, a big factor in choosing a venue’s size can simply come down to the number of people expected to be there. If you want to invite as many people as possible then you will have to book a venue for your needs. It will be embarrassing if you choose too large a space, which isn’t fully occupied by your attendees.